Internet banking is the name of the game in today’s world. Are you a customer of Central Bank of India and looking for your CIF number central bank of India. Well, you are in the right place. In this bog post, we learn about CIF number and how to find CIF number in central Bank of India.
What is CIF Number?
CIF stands for Customer Information File also referred to as Customer Identification File. It is a unique number attached to a customer’s account that stores all pertinent information about a customer’s account. CIF stores the information of various Banking products such as Loan, Saving, Fixed Deposit, Demat, KYC, and so on. CIF is a 11 digits number. All the Banks including Central Bank of India follows 11 digit CIF number. CIF helps in reducing processing errors and helps in fraud detection.
How to Find CIF Number in Central Bank of India?
There are many different ways to locate your CIF number easily:
- CIF Number is printed on your Bank’s Passbook. Please refer to the 1st page of your Bank’s Passbook.
- You can find CIF number printed on your Central Bank of India Cheque Book.
- If you do not have above two for any reason, you can always visit your nearest Central Bank of India Branch.
- One more option to locate your CIF number is Internet Banking. Please login to your online banking portal to locate your CIF number.
- Central Bank of India also offers Telephone Banking. Please dial their toll-free number 1800 22 1911 to enquire about your CIF number.
- If you have a Fixed Deposit account at Central Bank of India, you can find your CIF number written on FD document.
How to Register for Internet Banking in Central Bank of India?
If you want to register for Online Banking at Central Bank of India, please follow the these steps.
- Visit the Central Bank of India’s official Website. You can click here.
- Click on “Internet Banking”
- Now click on “Are you new user?”
- Please read the instructions carefully. The spoiler is that you need to visit your nearest Central Bank of India branch to register for online banking.
- The website states that you need to visit the home branch to avail any of the following facilities:
Contact home branch for the following facilities:
- Availing Internet Banking facility
- Not able to Login
- User ID Disabled
- Your accounts not visible
- Attaching more accounts to your User ID
- User ID Creation /Enabled / Disabled
- Stop Internet Banking Facility
- Issuing of grid card and any problems related to grid card
- Any issues pertaining to internet banking
Check Central Bank Of India Account Balance
By Missed Call:
It is very easy to check your Central Bank of India Account Balance. You can do so by giving a missed call to the following number. if you want to check your account balance by giving a missed call, your phone number must be registered with your bank.
Now, you only need to give a missed call to 9555244442. You will soon receive a text message from the Bank with your Account Balances.
Please also check our guide on Andhra Bank Balance Enquiry.
- Please visit any nearby ATM.
- Insert your Card into the ATM and follow the instructions.
- Enter your 4 Digit ATM PIN. Please make sure it is safe to do so.
- Select ”Balance Enquiry” option from the screen.
- The ATM will process the transaction and show you your account balance.
- You can also request to print a copy of your bank balance receipt.
Online Banking/ Internet Banking:
You always have the option to check your available balance through Internet Banking. Please make sure that you are registered for Internet Banking. We recommend everyone to register for this facility as it will make your life easy when it comes to Banking needs. To check your Central Bank of India Account Balance Online:
- Login to your online banking account. You can login through this page.
- Enter your User ID, Password & Captcha.
- Click on “Proceed.”
- You will be logged into your online banking account and you can check your account balance there.
How to get CIF number of SBI
If you are looking for the CIF number of SBI (State Bank of India), the options are more or less same as CBI (Central Bank of India):
- You can find CIF number of your SBI account on your Cheque Book.
- You can always visit your nearest SBI Branch. They will require your Account Number and ID Proof.
- If you have your SBI Passbook, please refer to the first page. You will find your CIF number of SBI along with all other information.
- You can dial the toll-free number of SBI. Please dial on of the following numbers – 1800112211, 18004253800 or, 080-26599990. Telephone Banking Customer Service Executive will need to verify your identity before they tell you the CIF number of your SBI account.
Customer Care Central Bank of India
If you still have any questions regarding your Central Bank of India Account, please dial their Customer Care Number:
1800 22 1911
This is a toll-free number that is available 24/7. You can also contact them through email. Please refer to Contact Us page of Central Bank of India.
Pingback: Andhra Bank Balance Enquiry - Missed Call to 09223011300