National Overseas Scholarship
The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India has announced the National Overseas Scholarship 2021 for OBC/SC/ST category. If you are one of the interested and eligible candidates, please fill in the NOS Application Form 2021 through the official website. The link is at the end of this article. Please read along for important details regarding this scholarship and do not miss anything important.
Update: The online portal is open from 1 September 2021 to 15 October 2021. All the desired candidates should apply through the link at the end of this article.
The National Overseas Scholarship is a beautiful opportunity for low income students belonging to Scheduled Caste, De-notified Nomadic, Semi-Nomadic Tribes. The scholarship will facilitate the students to obtain their higher education such as Master Degree or PhD program from abroad. This is a wonderful initiative from Government of India as this scheme will help students in improving their Economic and Social Status.
Were you looking for other scholarship? Or the deadline has passed? Well, there are always other scholarships and jobs opportunities, please refer to our Blog home page.
Organization Name: Department of Social Justice and Empowerment, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India.
Number of Scholarship Slots Available:
|Category||Number of Scholarships|
|De-notified Nomadic or Semi Nomadic Tribes||06|
|Landless Agricultural Laborer and Traditional Artisans||04|
Field of Study covered by NOS :
|Field Of Study||Slots|
|Engineering and Management||32|
|Pure Sciences and Applied Sciences||17|
|Agricultural Sciences and Medicine||17|
|International Commerce, Accounting Finance||17|
|Humanities, Social Science & Fine Arts||17|
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the Required Qualification to apply for NOS?
|For PhD||Candidate must have scored 60% marks or an equivalent grade in master’s degree|
|For Masters||Candidate must have scored 60% marks or an equivalent grade in bachelor’s degree.|
What is the Eligibility Criteria?
- Candidate’s age below 35 as on 1st April.
- Applicant’s family income less than 8,00,000 (lakh) per annum.
- No more than 2 children of the same parents/guardians are eligible to apply.
- Candidates already settled abroad are not eligible for this scholarship.
What is the procedure for applying to National Overseas Scholarship?
The application mode is “Online” only. Applicant can apply to for the scholarship through the online portal. The link to apply online is given at the end of this article.
What is the duration of the financial aid through this scholarship?
Applicants will get the funding for 3 years for Master’s Degree and for 4 years for PhD course.
What is the scholarship amount of National Overseas Scholarship?
The scholarship will cover the below expenses:
- Full Tuition Fees
- Visa Fee
- Medical Insurance Premium
- Poll Tax
- Air Ticket
- Annual Maintenance Allowance of $15,400
What is the Last Date to apply for the Scholarship?
The last date to apply for the National Overseas Scholarship is 31 January of every year. The scholarship opens every year and the portal to apply online remains open until 31 March of every year.
How to Fill Scholarship Form Online?
- Please visit the official website of the department. The link is at the end of this article.
- The portal to apply and fill the National Overseas Scholarship form remains open until 31 March of every year.
- New applicant should register for a free account on the portal by clicking “Student Register Form.”
- You will get a unique User ID on your registered email address. Please login with your User ID and password.
- Applicants then need to fill in the Scholarship Application Form accurately.
- Please read all the instructions and upload the requisite documents. The list of the document is available here.
- Once you have filled in the application form, click on “Submit” to complete the application process.
- Please keep a copy of the application for your records.
If you still have any other questions, please feel free to contact the department.
For National Overseas Scholarship Scheme Related queries:
Shri Sanjay Singh
Shastri Bhawan Dr. Rajendra Prasad Road, New Delhi-110001
Phone: 011 23384023 (Tuesday and Thursday from 3PM to 5PM)
Email: [email protected]